In accordance with a directive issued by the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, from April 1, 2009, emergency exit row seats will be limited to passengers that satisfy all the conditions below. (Directive released on 3rd of July, 2008 . Effective on/after 1st of April, 2009). Your kind understanding and cooperation is highly appreciated.
- 1. Above the age of 15 (passengers under 15 years old are not permitted to select emergency exit row seats)
- 2. Do not require the assistance of an escort or staff
- 3. Be capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation, such as opening or closing an aircraft door
- 4. Can understand evacuation procedures and crew’s instructions, and verbally convey such information to other passengers
- 5. Do not have to assist an accompanying passenger in an emergency evacuation*
- 6. Consent to providing assistance in an emergency evacuation
Passengers who do not satisfy conditions 1 through 6 above will be requested to change to another seats.
To ensure quick evacuation of the aircraft, passengers seated in emergency exit rows will be asked to assist during an emergency evacuation by following the instructions of the cabin crew. Carry-on baggage must not be placed at your feet or on your lap during takeoff or landing. Appreciate your cooperation.
*Small children (domestic flights: under 8 years old; international flight: under 12 years old) and their companion are not eligible to use emergency exit row seats. Read more